I couldn’t let a day pass without posting just simply because I haven’t yet. So, I don’t really have anything all that valuable to share today, but here we are.
Of note today:
1) This little blog had topped out at 47 visits a day since it’s inception a week and a half ago. I posted that bit about the Wizard of Oz last night and tagged my 18 year old cousin and one of her co-stars on Facebook, and suddenly I’ve got more than three times the normal traffic. Sweet. 🙂
2) The Brownie troop has been saved! My co-leader and I have both resigned. She is moving out of the district and her daughter will go to a different school, and I’m swamped with school stuff. We have been pleading with the other mothers for months for someone to step up and take over. We’d only had one taker before, but we learned that there is another tonight. The troop will NOT disban. These girls will go into 4th grade as a troop. That’s wonderful because they’ve been together, most of the anyway, since kindergarten!
3) I have a final paper due for my class on Sunday night. I have not begun it, and I won’t get to it tomorrow, either. Mom and I are going shopping for the kids’ Easter outfits. It will be fun, and I can’t wait. We’ll have Baby Bird with us, but Grandpa will pick up Girlie and Middle, so we’ll be off the hook for deadlines.
4) Those prick boys in Stuebenville got off too easy and I’m sick to death of the media playing up the “poor boys with the promising future” thing. My nearly eight-year-old son knows that what they did was ridiculously wrong. There’s no excuse for them.
5) Hillary Clinton came out in support of Marriage Equality today. Nobody batted an eye except to mention that it might be in preparation for a run for the presidency. No grief. No “what took her so long.” Major double standard folks. Let’s welcome all who figure it out to the table.
That’s it for tonight, folks. See you after shopping tomorrow. When I will be putting off the research for my paper.