It has been a day. The littlest kid is still sick, though on the mend, my phone decided to just brick itself, and all day I’ve had this nagging feeling that I’m completely behind on my homework. Well, since I’ve obsessively checked my “unofficial advising” transcript online for weeks, I’ve seen that my degree is, in fact, awarded. I’m certain there’s no real homework coming due. Then I figured out what it was. I haven’t updated anything about #my8for16 AT ALL.
I can’t promise this is a big, juicy update, but I guess I ought to touch on a few of them.
- Improving my health? Yeah, I’m doing that, I guess. I’ve been to Zumba classes at the rec center 3 or 4 times a week since the first “resolution solution” class on Jan 1. I like it. I mean, I hate it when I’m doing it, but I like it when it’s over. I feel a need to keep going back. And honestly, I hate it slightly less than I did in the beginning. That’s something. I’ve invested in appropriate footwear. I bought an unlimited pass for the month of February. I’m committed for the month, anyway. I think I may have dropped a few pounds, but I’m not getting on a scale.
- More whole foods? Sure. I started making my own instant oatmeal, quit buying “pancake syrup” in favor of maple, and I’m pushing more fruits and veggies. We still eat chips and processed lunch meats, among other things, but we’re making progress.
- No word on a job. Sent out a few resumes, but I haven’t gotten crazy about searching. That’s a job for next week, when I’ve got everyone healthy and my phone up and running.
- Declutter? Not so much. I have barely gotten Christmas cleaned up and put away. If I’m going to be home with a sick kid one more day, I’m cleaning out a drawer or two tomorrow!
- Charitable giving? I have done absolutely nothing on this one. It’s not really an excuse, but I guess I’m waiting to see what happens with the job situation. I should move forward.
- My closet? Still spilling into the room. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Stop buying clothes? Well, not so much. I will say that I’ve mostly only bought workout clothes. That’s something, right
- Prayer journal? No. No journal. But I am trying to be more mindful in my prayers. I still intend to journal, but I’m behind on this one.
So, that’s the update. Progress, but nothing earth shattering. I’m proud of my regular attendance at Zumba. I fully intend to keep that going. We’ll see how it works out.